Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Making Waffles

I used to be a very enthusiastic breakfast person, but I have seemingly lost interest in most pancakes, waffles, muffins, etc. In the span of two days however, I have re-kindled my love for waffles


Finding the right batter is always quite a dilemma. Too much sugar, too sweet, too healthy, too bland. Most of the batters and pancakes I seem to eat are usually the latter. However, my mom made the most amazing discovery and purchase from our favorite store - Trader Joe's. I fully swear by all the products they sell - from produce to drinks to dairy, even meat and fish. It is something about their Buttermilk Pancake & All Purpose Baking Mix that makes the first meal of the day enjoyable once more.


Now, I can't really explain how they tasted so different, which is probably what you are wondering. So just trust me and try it for yourself. You can even make pancakes or drop biscuits with the batter and I am sure it will taste just as wonderful.


Meghan choose the simple route, pancake, butter, and maple syrup with some strawberries on the side. She also made up some breakfast chicken sausage (again from Trader Joes). I experimented a bit more and placed the batter in the waffle iron, then tossing some blueberries on top and letting it cook. Once ready, I spread butter on top, drizzled strawberries and blueberries, and poured on the maple syrup and lite Aunt Jemima's. Another additions include chocolate chips, butterscotch chips (why not?), or white chocolate chips, walnuts, or apples inside or on top of the waffle. Trader Joe's suggested putting in applesauce and cinnamon to make apple cinnamon waffles.

So tasty, we might have to make it again tomorrow. Excellent find mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment