Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Eggplant Round 1

For the family trip up to Mammoth Mountain and I thought I would try a new take on the "Fuelling Spaghetti."  For some reason, spaghetti always tastes better in the mountains, especially after a day of skiing.  I was fooling around with the vegetables and gave the eggplant a shot. 

According to most recipes, you are supposed to slice the eggplant, sprinkle some kosher salt on top and let it sit for at least 20 minutes and up to overnight.  




We were planning on having asparagus as well (one of my favorites!) so after the purple vegetable had time to sit, I threw it on the pan with some extra virgin olive oil and some Lawry's season salt.  Then, paired with the asparagus, I placed it in the oven, set it to broil on HIGH and left it there with the oven door open for about 10-12 minutes.  The end result was pretty tasty.  



I paired it with meat sauce, asparagus, and some Schat's cheesebread.  Next time I might attempt to broil it a little longer, to get rid of the chewy texture, but a great first attempt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment