Thursday, December 29, 2011

Green Tea Latte?

Trying to start the new year off on the right foot, make my picky eating patterns even healthier than they are :) Just some different food explorations and changes.  I read article after article about food substitutions, recipes and so on, but time to put it all into play.  Happened to learn something about milk last night that was interesting.  I used to drink so much milk that I thought drinking skim would make it better off, calorie wise.  However, according to my aunt, the 1% or low fat is actually healthier with less sugar and an overall better nutritional value.  Essentially, with the 1%, I will be fuller faster and won't need to drink as much.  She recommended purchasing the organic low fat milk, so I will put that on my list for school shopping. Meghan will enjoy that trip to Trader Joe's :) Endless...

Anyways, started the day with some oatmeal, vanilla yogurt (will make the switch to greek in the next market cycle), blueberries, honey, and a few dried cranberries.  On our drive out of Mammoth towards Los Angeles, we stopped for a coffee at the Looney Bean coffee shop.  I prefer their coffee and products 10 to 1 and have much better products.  Because I wasn't such a fan of my warm vanilla latte from Starbucks the other day, I decided to experiment with a green tea latte (coffee free).  


I thought this was the "healthy" option but was sort of turned off by the taste.  Maybe not my cup of tea (pun indented), so I'll try another selection the next time we visit Mammoth Mountain.  Other tea latte options included: mango, coconut, and even bubble gum. 

I substituted my green tea disappointment with Trader Joe's unsweetened green tea and was much happier on the long drive home. 

For lunch?  Pumped up the day with lots of protein - egg/eggwhite scramble with turkey, salsa, tomatoes, and my uncle Kevin's homemade spicy seasoning.  Deeeelish.  Kept me running for the day as I purged my closets for the new year.  A very exhausting process, indeed!


Finished off the fabulous day with Meghan's chicken tacos.  Mom had put the chicken and Lawry's seasoning in the crock-pot to simmer for a few hours - the secret to taco SUCCESS! Juicy, tender chicken that falls apart and melts in your mouth.  Meghan's blue corn tortilla taco shells, and my very own guacamole.  Perfect with a side of college football.

No comments:

Post a Comment