Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spanish Tapas in San Jose

Who knew that we could find legitimate tapas in Northern California, almost 6,000 miles away?  Well, after knowing how important patatas bravas were to Liz, I thought I'd search around and sure enough, I found one after spotting an ad in the newspaper!

Liz, Bonnie, and I all went along to make a night out of it and relive our Barcelona adventures. A sort of hole in the wall restaurant, relatively narrow room, but excellent if you want a quick trip back to the Spanish lands.  


62 W Santa Clara St
San Jose, CA 
95113


Butifarra - Catalan sausage on a bed of seasoned toasted baguette, alioli, and fresh tomato
Liz & Bonnie were in 7th Heaven with their patatas bravas. 
Overall a decent meal.  I had forgotten how tiny and slightly overpriced Spanish food was, but the sausage was imported from Catalonia, so understandable.  Bonnie also ordered the chicken, which was nice and tender soaking in a herbed broth.  From a far I noticed that sangria was a popular order, along with the paellas.  Most paellas were priced for two people, about $18/person, so I'd love to return with a group of people and test them out.  One in particular I had my eye on was the Paella Negra a la Cazadora (from the Balearic Islands) - chicken, beef, pork tenderloin, vegetables in a bed of black rice topped with piquillo peppers and finished with roasted alioli.

A job well-done and worth visiting if you can't make it all the way to Europe or just want a little exotic dinner out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment