Thursday, April 26, 2012

National Grilled Cheese Month

Who knew there was a specific month dedicated to one of the tastiest combinations?  Well, that's just what the Counter is celebrating this April.  Each week, they introduce a new special combination to the menu and while I missed out on the ultimate mix (see the first week, "The Western"), I had been dreaming about having a grilled cheese all day. 
I almost went for the kid's cheddar grilled cheese, but gave the "Red, White, and Blue" a chance.  Blue Cheese, Swiss, Spinach, Roasted Red Pepper, and Basil Pesto.  Honestly, the blue cheese was a bit overwhelming.  I have just taken a liking to it, but would prefer it in a salad.  I also skipped out on the pesto and traded it in for a BBQ sauce and ketchup mix.  
Every day is a prime day for a grilled cheese, but if you feel you missed out, here are some of the upcoming national food holidays featured in May.  I think every food item has its own special day throughout the year.  

Asparagus Month
Barbecue Month
Chocolate Custard Month (really? never heard of it)
Egg Month
Gazpacho Aficionado
Hamburger Month (looks like I'l be making a trip to the Counter or grilling on my own!)
Mediterranean Diet Month
Salad & Salsa Month
Strawberry Month (my personal favorite...there will be lots of fun strawberry recipes coming up!)

Just to make it this much better...my birthday is considered "International No Diet Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment